I just wanted to share with you guys how God is working in my life. & in order to do that, I have to share with you a few personal things about myself first.
I’m currently going through a really horrible break-up. One that even soap operas & movies have nothing on. & I’m not exaggerating either. I wish I was. But if I told you the whole story…you’d see how heartbreaking it really is. I’ll save the whole story for some other time…
This was my first real relationship & we had plans to get married in the future. But God allowed things to happen & it ended horribly. The pain is unlike anything I’ve ever felt in my life. I’ve accepted the fact that it’s over but it’s been really hard to completely heal from what happened & what was done.
Last night I was crying myself to sleep asking God to take the pain away & help me forgive. & this morning, I got a message from a friend who lives across the seas & has no idea what I prayed the night before. He messaged me & shared with me something he felt God telling him to share with me. You know what’s crazy? It was about the same exact thing I prayed about last night.
"Nica, I had a bible study today. It was about forgiveness & how you can be hurt by someone. The person who hurt you either has no idea they hurt you or simply does not care. & while they go on with their life, you’re still hurting & therefore only hurting yourself. So with true forgiveness, you should forgive not for the sake of the person who hurt you but for yourself. Because no matter how hard it is to forgive someone who hurt you, remember God forgave you. So how can we ask for forgiveness if we can’t forgive others. & in saying that, man cannot forgive on their own will. You need God to forgive something so deep of a hurt you must be feeling. I think God was calling me to share that with you."
That honestly just blew me away. It was like a hug from God saying “my dear child, I know you’re hurting. But trust me, I got you.” God. Is. Amazing. & through this storm I will continue to praise the God who gives & takes away.
- phillyang likes this
- elizzabethhlopezz reblogged this from myheartbelongstochrist
- everythingoutsidemyhead likes this
- smilin-sam likes this
- lightinthedarkplaces likes this
- destinydarlingg reblogged this from myheartbelongstochrist
- treesalovesmomo likes this
- superjane27 likes this
- almightysaves likes this
- faithfulinspiration likes this
- fromtheinsidelove likes this
- daisiesinajar said:Really needed this- my bf is 9000 miles away and it feels like he’s not making any effort to include me in his life, or is even enthusiastic abt talking to me. Been going on fr a long while… Needed this, thank you. :) hope you’ll be okay soon.
- simplylovegod likes this
- andyluiten14 likes this
- vizardvalor likes this
- lithiumchloride likes this
- marygracefetalvo likes this
- sweetatlanticdaydream likes this
- adifferentdreamer likes this
- hislovegushesthrough likes this
- repairer-of-broken-walls likes this
- martinam2012 likes this
- missxcynthiareina likes this
- lynxjacket reblogged this from myheartbelongstochrist
- nonelikejesus likes this
- anch0rz-awayy likes this
- natadeleon likes this
- ladies-love-cool-john likes this
- airanke likes this
- afloodformysoul likes this
- forhimalone likes this
- shirleypearllockhart reblogged this from myheartbelongstochrist
- shirleypearllockhart likes this
- daughterofdking likes this
- fairiesandpotatoesinthisyard likes this
- always-or-anytime-seekhim said:Glory be to God, This is amazing, keep on running towards Him
- jasy-baby likes this
- sweet-sereniti likes this
- sweet-sereniti said:God really is amazing. I am happy for you because forgiveness is a step towards healing. I went through a hurtful breakup this year also and it still stings me. But I know within this time, God has strengthened me and He is doing the same for you. :)
- poweredbyfaith reblogged this from myheartbelongstochrist
- jeimuzu-sama likes this
- myheartbelongstochrist posted this